Adobe Illustrator Flat Fashion Sketch Templates - My
Deadline: November 1 - SlideRoom Fee (USD):
Deadline: February 1 - SlideRoom Fee (USD):
The Fashion Design portfolio submission consists of three parts: a written essay, two design projects, and a sewing project. All sketch and garment images for the portfolio submission must be a size that you can scan or photograph easily. Construction knowledge should be represented in both your design sketches and garment images. Originality, creativity, and design aesthetic are valued.
The Fashion Design program prepares students to excel and flourish in the fashion industry. The philosophy of the program focuses on individual students’ design development and professionalism. Through rigorous coursework, students develop their analytical, creative, and intellectual competencies. The learning environment broadens students’ aesthetics, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and graduates apply these abilities to career opportunities in the evolving global marketplace. The AAS degree builds foundation skills through hands-on and digital methodology and students examine and implement practical and conceptual design solutions through two-dimensional and three-dimensional techniques in projects and assignments.
You will submit a short essay, two design projects consisting of 7 to 14 images and a sewing project consisting of 4 to 9 photographs.
Fashion Design AAS Essay
Please respond thoughtfully and note that your answer does not replace the essay that you are required to submit as part of your FIT/SUNY application.
- In 250 words or less, provide an example of when your point of view differed from a teacher or employer during an evaluation of your performance. How did you handle the situation?
PROJECT ONE: Mix-and-Match Designs (3-6 images)
- Create a mood/inspiration page for the following mix-and-match designs. The mood page should include an image(s) that has inspired you to create the designs in number 2 below. Include a short written explanation of how the designs have been inspired by the mood page image(s) and list the destination and season of the year when your designs will be worn.
- Draw original garment designs in color using the medium of your choice. Show mix-and-match separates that work together.
- Design a jacket
- Design a top (use the top twice, once on each figure)
- Design a pant
- Design a skirt
Sketch the designs in color on two figures. Include back views of the garments on an additional figure or as a flat sketch. For portfolio submission, scan or photograph actual fabric swatches and identify the fabric on the front of the sketches. Submit 3 to 6 images for this project.
Project Two: Fashion Design Artwork (4-8 images)
Submit four sketches of your original fashion design artwork on figures. Up to 8 images may be submitted.
- Draw original designs in color. Use the medium of your choice. Note original artwork can be computer generated. Design sketches are to be on full-length fashion figures with back views.
- Include scanned or digital photo of actual 2” x 2” fabric swatches on the front of each sketch. Identify the type of fabric (e.g. 100% wool gabardine).
- Write 2 sentences for each image to explain inspiration or your thought process.
Project three: Sewing Project (4-9 Photographs)
Submit photographs of two or three garments you have sewn (include front and back views). Samples are to demonstrate knowledge of construction. Originality, creativity, and design aesthetic are valued. Clothing is to be photographed on a person or dress mannequin. Garments can be created from commercial patterns or you can develop your own patterns or drape the design. Garment examples must be sewn. Do not show existing garments that have just been decorated.
Take photographs of the front and back of each garment, a third photograph may be taken to showcase special details on a garment. Up to nine photographs may be submitted for this project.
Provide 11-23 items. Images (up to 5MB each) and PDFs (up to 10MB each)