Hotel Riu Varadero Resort - Picture of Hotel Riu Restaurant, Varadero
Stumped for dinner? Get our life-saving Dinner Daily newsletter. You (and your stomach) can thank us later!
1 view more photos
Top Review bymfuhr29079
I grew up in Lancaster County PA, and sticky buns were always available. Now that I live in Bali, I have to make my own. So glad I did! This recipe is delicious. I had to substitute the local gulah merah (palm sugar) for the brown sugar, and it is absolutely decadent. Easy, too. Thanks for posting.
See All Reviews
Make a Tweak Ask a Question
1 recipe photo
- Dissolve yeast and 1 tbsp sugar in warm water.
- Scald milk, then add butter, sugar and salt.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Add two cups flour.
- Add yeast and eggs.
- Stir in the remainder of the flour and knead lightly.
- Let rise until double.
- While dough is rising, boil all syrup ingredients for two minutes.
- Divide syrup into six 8-inch square pans (or I sometimes use 3- 9x13 pans).
- When dough is doubled, punch down and divide into two parts.
- Roll each part (one at a time) into a 12x18-inch rectangle on a well floured board or table.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up tightly, beginning at the wide side.
- Cut into 1 inch slices, and lay slices on top of the syrup in the pans.
- Repeat with all dough.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48Calories 181.9 Calories from Fat 45 25% Total Fat 5 g 7% Saturated Fat 3 g 14% Cholesterol 23.8 mg 7% Sodium 98.1 mg 4% Total Carbohydrate 32 g 10% Dietary Fiber 0.6 g 2% Sugars 16.4 g 65% Protein 2.7 g 5%
Like what you see here?
Add to collection
Whoops! There are no results for your search. Please modify your search and try again.