Parsons: Fashion, Art and Design School
- 79 Fifth Ave., 16th Fl.
New York, NY 10003
- +1 212 229 8908 x4092 office
- Research Profile
- Academic Appointments
- Professional Positions
- Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Non-Peer-Revieweed Publications
- Conference Proceedings
- Conferences, Competitively Juried Presentations
- Lectures, Panels, Workshops, Seminars, Summits, and Symposia
- Grants Awarded, Sub-awarded, and Consultancies
- Courses Taught, Developed, Co-taught, and Co-developed
- Service to the Institution
- Service to the Field, Peer Review
- Professional Affiliations and Designations
- Press Appearances, Published Interviews, Mentions, and Quotations
Headshot B&W, Color
Educator, designer, researcher, speaker, and writer working across industry and academia, being critical about technology with technology. Currently associate professor of media design at the School of Art, Media, and Technology at The New School's Parsons School of Design. Previously served as director of the MFA Design and Technology graduate program (2010-2013) leading a dynamic and diverse faculty and student body designing and building near futures. Co-founded Glossy.io (2013-2015), an A.I. brain learning popular culture through magazines, born at NYC Media Lab, backed by Hearst Corporation, and incubated at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP. Founded the Center for Mobile Creativity, to support research grants from MacArthur Foundation, National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, Department of Education, Pearson Foundation, EPFL+ECAL, and Nokia Research Centers. Earned MFA Design and Technology at Parsons in 2000 and BA Art History and Religion with Highest Honors at Bowdoin College in 1997. Married with two children, living in Brooklyn. On Twitter and Medium as @profcarroll.
Exploring the intersections between media design, culture, policy, industry, and education. Responding with research and analysis examining major shifts in media indicated by adblocking as it relates to advertising, adtech, data rights, privacy, surveillance, social media, and journalism.
- MFA Design & Technology, Parsons School of Design, New School for Social Research, Pulse new media art installation, graduate thesis exhibition
- BA Art History & Religion with Highest Honors, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine, Cum Laude, Reconsidering the Impact of Tourism on Balinese Dance-Drama Honors Thesis
- Associate Professor of Media Design with Extended Employment at the School of Art, Media and Technology, Parsons School of Design, The New School
- Detachment as Associate Professor of Media Design at Parsons Paris, The New School, Spring Semester
- Director, MFA Design & Technology graduate degree program at the School of Art, Media and Technology at Parsons School of Design, The New School
- Interim Director, BFA Design & Technology undergraduate degree program at Parsons School of Design, The New School
- Visiting Scholar, Academy of Arts and Design, Tsinghua University, Beijing, teaching a month-long summer intensive for Information Design department
- Assistant Professor of Media Design at the School of Art, Media and Technology, Parsons School of Design, The New School, Extended-Employment-track position
- Instructor at Parsons School of Design, Continuing Education and MFA Design and Technology
- Co-founder, President, CEO of Delvetica, Inc., makers of Glossy.io, a visual-relational editorial archive search and discovery platform powered by machine learning, born at NYC Media Lab with Hearst, incubated at Made in New Media Center by IFP
- Director of Multimedia, Second Thought, Inc., interactive media agency serving clients including AOL, CNN, ESPN, PBS, Random House, Time and others
- Director of Multimedia, thoughtbubble productions, inc., interactive media agency serving clients including Smithsonian, Warner Bros. Interactive, HBO and others
- Freelance Interactive Media Design for clients including News Corp Digital, Guy Gannett New Media and others
- Institute of Play for New Learning Institute (Pearson Foundation), Mobile Quest summer program at Quest to Learn school. Developed mobile learning and game design curriculum on ARIS platform.
- Institute of Play for New Learning Institute (Pearson Foundation) at Hirshhorn Museum, Washington, D.C., ARTLAB+ summer program. Developed mobile learning and game design curriculum on ARIS platform.
- Mozilla Foundation for Hive Learning Network
- Social Science Research Council for New Youth City Learning Network
- Institute of Play for Nokia Mobile Learning Institute at Parsons The New School for Design, Mobile Quest summer program with Katie Salen
- Co-organizer, curatorial, DisFluency, with Jeanna Hamilton, George Bixby, Ryan Raffa Melanie Crean. Aronson Gallery, Sheila C. Johnson Design Center, Parsons School of Design, November 28 to December 16. disfluencyexhibition.org
- Co-creator, 1000 Cell Phones, mobile media installation with Benjamin Bacon, Haiyan Huang, and Sven Travis
- MUM 2009 (8th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia), November 23 to 25, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
- FIGMENT 2009, Governors Island, New York City, June 12 to 14
- Synthetic Times 2008, National Art Museum of China, Beijing, June 10 to July 3
- Co-curator, Parsons BFA Communication Design and Technology Thesis Exhibition, with Julia Wargaski, Chelsea Art Museum, New York, May 14 to 24
- Carroll, D.R., (Received August 2015, Accepted November 2015, Published November 2017). Encyclopedia Entry: “Instagram.” Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology, 2nd Edition.
- Carroll, D.R., (Received July 2014, Accepted March 2015, Published March 2016). “The Transgressive Early Adopter: Being a Google Glass Explorer”Cuarderno 55, Cuadernos del Centro de Estudios en Diseño y Comunicación [Ensayos]. Centro de Estudios en Diseño y Comunicación. Facultad de Diseño y Comunicación. Universidad de Palermo. Buenos Aires.
- Rizvi, S.L., Dimeff, L.A., Skutch, J., Carroll, D., & Linehan, M.M. (2011). A pilot study of the DBT Coach: An interactive mobile phone application for individuals with borderline personality disorder and substance use disorder. Behavior Therapy, 42, 589-600.
- Scholz, R. Trebor, et al. Learning Through Digital Media: Experiments in Technology and Pedagogy. Mobile Learning Tools: A Teachable Moment in the Age of the App. 1st. New York: The Institute for Distributed Creativity, 2011. Print. eBook.
- Opinion Column, net magazine, Adblocking is a Boycott: David Carroll takes a closer look at how marketing technology has failed. FutureNet Publishing UK, March 201
- Guest Blog, Digital Content Next, You say you ignore the banners but they never ignore you. September 28
- Contributed Chapter, Becoming a Graphic and Digital Designer: A Guide to Careers in Design, Chapter 19: David Carroll: Students and Surveillance, Sidebar by David Carroll: Apps That Track. Steven Heller &∓ Véronique Vienne, co-authors, John Wiley & Sons, ISBN 978-118-771198-3
- Synthetic Times Exhibition Catalog, “1000 Cell Phones”, text and image art direction, Edited by Fan Di’an and Zhang Ga, MIT Press, 2008. ISBN: 9780262512268
- Adobe Developer Connection, “Packing Lite: A Mobile Media Interface Primer” August 27
- AAPOR 2011, Schober, M.F., Conrad, F.G., Antoun, C., Carroll, D., Ehlen, P., Fail, S., Hupp, A.L., Johnston, M., Kellner, C., Nichols, K., Percifield, L., Vickers, L., Yan, H., & Zhang, C. (May 2011). Disclosure and quality of answers in text and voice interviews on iPhones. Paper presented at the 67th annual conference of the American Association for Public Opinion Research, Orlando, FL
- MUM 2009, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia, November 22-25, Cambridge, UK, International Conference Proceedings Series, ACM Press, Carroll, D., Huang H.; Bacon, B., “1000 Cell Phones”, pp.160-162
- ICOGRADA World Design Congress 2009, Educator Network Conference Proceedings, Carroll, D., Huang, H., “1000 Cell Phones: Visualizing Invisible Identities Ideographically”
- Juried Lecture, Workshop, Short Talk, Mobility Shifts 2011: An International Future of Learning Summit, October 10-16, The New School, New York City. Lecture: Multimodal Survey Research Project, David Carroll, Michael Schober, October 12; Workshop: Locative Media Workshop: 7scenes, David Carroll, Ronald Lenz, October 15; Short Talk: Progressive Digital Pedagogy: Remix, Collaboration Crowdsourcing, October 15
- Juried Panel, DML 2011: Designing Learning Futures: Digital Media & Learning Conference, March 3-5, Long Beach, California. Panel: The Competing Conditions and Interests of Designing Mobile Learning Experiences for Kids, Diana Rhoten, David Carroll, Yasser Ansari, Dr. Gwenn O’Keefe, Andy Russell, March 4
- Juried Demo, MUM 2009: 8th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia, November 22-25, Cambridge, UK. Demo: 1000 Cell Phones, Visualizing Identities Ideographically, Mobile Media Installation
- Invited Panel, Nieman Journalism Lab at Harvard University, Nieman in New York: How big a threat is ad blocking to publishers?, NYU, December 2
- Invited Talk, UX Awards, Adblock is a Boycott, Parsons, November 16
- Invited Workshop, NYC Media Lab Summit, NYU, Livestreaming workshop, September 25
- Invited Workshop, Collab/Space, MediaShift, Ford Foundation, July 15
- Invited Talk, DCN Annual Summit, Final plenary talk, Miami, January 22
- Invited Workshop to Brainstorm Better Protective Solutions for Ebola Health Care Workers, Executive Office of the President of the United States and United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health, Washington, DC. October 10
- Invited Seminar, The twenty-first century trans-disciplinary degree: the case of innovation-creativity degree programs, An international roundtable seminar, convened by James Cook University, Singapore, September 22-23
- Grant Presentation, The Deconstructed Magazine and Relational Stories, Open Seed Research Fund with Hearst Corporation, NYC Media Lab Annual Research Summit, September 19
Invited Panel, Media + Technology in an Age of Disruption, with Gilead Lotan, VP R&D, Betaworks, Matt Boggie, Director of Tech Strategy, R&D, The New York Times, moderated by Chris Dannon, Editor, FastCo Labs, hosted by NYC Media Lab, InternetWeek, May 22
- Grant Presentation, NYC Media Lab, Research Summit, presented collaboration studio products at Parsons to Media Lab membership, September 12.
- Invited Panel, Right to Remix: Appropriation Art in the Digital Age Symposium, Panel: “No Copyright Infringement Intended:” Attribution and the Influence of Digital Content Exchange on Copyright Law, New York Law School, April 9
- Invited Talk, Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers 5th Annual Technology Conference “The Future of Teaching is Now”, Keynote Speaker, Greenburgh Town Hall, New York, October 28
- Invited Summit, Open EdTech Summit: Exploring Learning Solutions Together, Universitat Oberta de Cataluyna, Barcelona, October 3-5
- Invited Summit, Adobe Education Summit, Adobe MAX Conference, Los Angeles, California
- Invited Presentation, Adobe MAX Conference, “Social Computing for Learning Environments” Partners By Design sessions, Los Angeles, October 4
- Invited Panel Discussion, WGSN, “Courting the Consumer in Today’s Marketplace” WGSN and the School of Fashion, Parsons School of Design, December 8
- Invited Summit, Adobe Education Summit, Adobe MAX Conference, Los Angeles,
- Invited Summit, Adobe Designer-Developer Education Summit, Adobe Systems, San Francisco
- Visiting Scholar Lecture, Tsinghua University, “The Origins of Interactive Media” Academy of Arts and Design, Tsinghua University, Beijing, June 21
- Invited Panel Presentation & Discussion, Conference Board, “MEMEX: A brief history of collective intelligence and social media”, “When your brand is being blogged?” Extending Your Brand To Your Employees Conference, Conference Board, Chicago, November 13
- NYC Media Lab Open Seed Research Fund: ,000, with Hearst Corporation. The Deconstructed Magazine and Relational Stories. Project Partner: Hearst R&D Group, Principle Investigator: David Carroll. Graduate student researchers: Justin Charles, Jorge Proaño, Alexandra Samuel. Developed a novel software system to explore Hearst magazine archive relationally, disaggregated from issue and title. Presented at NYC Media Lab Annual Summit 2013. Commercializing attempt as Glossy.io product from 2014-2015.
Department of Education (DOE) i3 Grant, Subaward: 7,724, New York Hall of Science (NYSCI). SciGames: A Technology-enhanced Model for Bridging Informal and Formal Science Learning. Project Partner: Parsons School of Design, Principle Investigator: David Kanter, NYSCI. Serving as partner principle investigator for Parsons on sub-award as director of Center for Mobile Creativity. We proposed to develop and test SciGames, a suite of technologies that turns student playground play into a game. The game requires students to learn and use target physics concepts and the technology logs physics data during student playground gameplay. Student data is incorporated into a digital app, which is designed to support deeper inquiry into the core science concepts back in the classroom. We developed and tested two of three proposed SciGames that address three core 8th grade physics concepts about force and motion. Subaward terminated after the first year of funding.
- “Lazy Bytes” Collaboration Studio Partnership, ,000, funded by EPFL-ECAL (Lausanne), Nagra Kudelski Group, Foundation Leenaards, Loterie Romande. Principle Investigator for Parsons. Nicolas Henchoz, principle investigator at EPFL-ECAL. Rethinking the object of the television remote control as a collaborative/competitive project across EPFL-ECAL partners including the RCA-Royal College of Art, London; ENSCI-Les Ateliers, Paris, students developed prototypes and concepts reviewed for commercialization, exhibition, and publication. Sponsors chose one Parsons project for commercial rights and three projects for exhibition and publication. See wallpaper.com/lifestyle/epfl-ecal-lab-pushes-our-buttons-with-its-lazy-bytes-project
National Science Foundation (NSF) Grant, New School for Social Research, 4,835. Collaborative Research: Responding to Surveys on Mobile Multimodal Devices, Principle Investigators: Michael Schober (New School for Social Research), Frederick Conrad (University of Michigan). Served as an unpaid mobile technology consultant as director of Center for Mobile Creativity. We developed a multi-modal survey platform that enables respondents to complete public opinion surveys over text messaging and/or voice recognition to human interviewers and/or automated response systems in a trial to determine data validity.
Department of Health and Human Resources, (NIH/NIDA), Small Business Innovation Research Grant (SBIR), 8,747, BTECH, Subaward: ,000. Principle Investigator: Dr. Linda Dimeff (BTECH). Utilizing Mobile Technology for DBT Skills Generalization with BPD-SUD Clients, “DBT Field Coach.” Served as an unpaid design director through the Center for Mobile Creativity in supporting a funded clinical trial to develop software for mobile devices that supports in-situ Dialectical Behavioral Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder and substancebrExploring the intersections between media design, culture, policy, industry, and education. Responding with research and analysis examining major shifts in media indicated by adblocking as it relates to advertising, adtech, data rights, privacy, surveillance, social media, and journalism.top Consultanciesa href=100s, Principle Investigators: Michael Schober (New School for Social Research), Frederick Conrad (University of Michigan). Served as an unpaid mobile technology consultant as director of Center for Mobile Creativity. We developed a multi-modal survey platform that enables respondents to complete public opinion surveys over text messaging and/or voice recognition to huma height=td width=Rizvi, S.L., Dimeff, L.A., Skutch, J., Car//tdtop height=liroll, D., toptopn interviewers and/or automated response systems in a trial to determine data validity. abuse clients, as developed with investigators from Behavioral Tech, Inc. and Shireen Rizvi Ph.D. of Rutgers University, formerly New School for Social Research.
- MacArthur Foundation, Digital Media and Learning Grant, 0,258, New Youth City Learning Network. Principle Investigators, Diana Rhoten (SSRC), Phoenix Chan (Hewlitt Foundation). Served as paid execuCarroll, D.R., (Received August 2015, Accepted Novembe/l valign=/tdtopstrong height=201br a hreftd width= =3itop valigtdspantd width= class= /tdli with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/strong vaspan class=/ lign=500 See n=str500500ong//tdtop/h3litopr 2015/li valign=strong, Published November 2017). Encyctd width= lopedi/td a Entry: t valign= 500d width=Carroll, D.R., (Received August 2015, Accepted November 2015, Published November 2017). Encyclopedia Entry: td width=tive producer of locative learning software prototype development with investigators from Social Science Research Council and Parsons School of Design in service to institutional partners including American Museum of Natural History, New York Hall of Science, Cooper Hewitt Design Museum, New Public Library and others.
- MacArthur Foundation, Digital Meli/liprofil1997-/tr/tdli/strong19985 with Gilead Lotan, VP R00C1997-1998/trli valign= td width=strong/strongCo-creator, 100 valign= td width= w valign= /tdtd width=/strong/strongith Gilead Lotan, VP R/strongstrong/strong0 Cell Phonetd width=s, tro-creator, 1000 Cell Phones, trtd valign=etd width=100Co-creator, 1li/liprofiletd width=100 valign=000 Cell Ph/tr/tdli valign= /tdtd width= with Gilead Lotan, VP Rstrongones,trtd valign= dia and Learning Grant, 0,000, Ma1001997-1998500td valign= valign=nnaha /ultd width=td valign=strong /tr/tdli va valign= /td with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/stronglign= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strongstrong/strongtta: Th valign= /tdtd width= withli valli /td/strong/strongign=td width=/strong/strong Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/stronge Game. Principle valign=/ultd width=td valign=strongInves/tr/td valign= td width= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/strong valign= valign= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/strong td wi valign= /tdtd width=/strong/strongdth= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/strong/tr valign= td width= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/strong valign= /tdtd width= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/strongtigat/t valign= /tdtd width= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong valig valign= td width= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strongn= /tdtd width= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strongrlili valign=td width= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strongstrongor, Colleen Macklin (PETLab). Served as paid con va li/td /tdtd width= wilili valign= /strongstrong/strongth Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/stronglign= /tdtd width= with Gilead Lotan, VP R//tdtoplectures/listrong/strongsulta valign valign= /tdtd wi valign= /td/strong/strongdth= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong= /tdtd width= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/strongnt valign= /tdtd width= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/strongth/td valign=/tdtd width= with Gilead Lotan, VP R/strong/strongrough Center for Mobile Creativity on iPhone-based locative learn∓topnbsp;500li/tr/td valign= /td/stronging software/tr valign= /li nowraptop /tdtd width= prototype development with investigators from Parsons School of Design in service to institutional partners including Eric Sanderson, PhD of National Wildlife Conservancy.
- Pearson Foundation & Nokia Mobile Learni/h22017 width=td width=strongng Institute Grant with Institute of Play, Center for Transformative Media and the Center for Mobile Creativity, Mobile Quest Summer Camp, Principle Investigator, Katie Salen. Served as paid mobile technology consultant for youth summer camp to design and play digital games with smartphones to learn about systems thinking and design methods. July 20 to 25. See youtu.be/hes4s11QMFc
- Nokia Research Centers, Palo Alto & Beijing, Mobile Context in China Grant, ,000, serving as unpaid principal investigator on funded research in rich context modeling with Simple Context University Edition toolkit with pilot group of 70 participants in China.
- MacArthur Foundation, Digital Media and Learning Grant, Principle Investigator, Colleen Macklin. Served as faculty on Research on Alternate Reality Gaming (ARG) for New York Public Library through with PETLab at Parsons, July.
Parsons Research Scholarship and Creative Practice Major Initiative Fund, ,000 for 1000 Cell Phones, principal co-investigator, Parsons Research, Scholarship and Creative
Practice funded major initiative related to Synthetic Times 2008 exhibition and symposium, Fall and Summer.
- MFA Design &∓ Technology Studios taught and co-developed including PGTE 5200/5201 Major Studio 1 & 2 and PGTE 5300/5301 Thesis Studio 1 & 2
- BFA Design & Technology Studios taught and co-developed including PUDT 4100 Thesis Studio (Fall 2006 to Spring 2010); PUDT 1100 Core Interaction (Fall 2008 to 2009)
- Design and Technology Electives taught and developed including Surveillance Design (Spring 2014 to present), PGTE 5552 Mobile Media (Spring 2006 to 2010), PGTE 5058 Internet Applications: Client-Side (Spring 2003 to 2009)
- Collaboration Studios taught, developed, co-taught, and co-developed including:
- Spring 2016, PSAM 5500 Collab: Election Lab Studio 20 with Jay Rosen, co-faculty from NYU Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute and Hilary Frey, co-faculty from Fusion.net
- Fall 2011, PSAM 5550 Collab: Simple Interfaces with EPFL+ECAL, RCA, ENSCI with co-faculty Zach Lieberman and Amit Pitaru
- Spring 2008, PUPD 3200 Special Project, Industrial Collab, Parsons Design Store with MFA Design & Technology, BFA Product Design, BBA Design & Management with co-faculty Anna Rabinowicz
- Fall 2004, PGTE 5120 Collab: Reimagining Vespa, Vespa Accessories with BFA Product Design and BFA Fashion Design with co-faculty Robert Rabinovitz
- Visiting Scholar at Tsinghua University, Academy of Art &∓ Design, Olympic Mobile Media Workshop, by Chinese Government Visiting Scholar Grant Program, June
- Advancement, Promotion and Tenure Committee, Parsons School of Design
- University Research Council, The New School
- Chair, Research, Scholarship, and Creative Practice Committee, School of Art, Media, and Technology, Parsons
- Honorary Degree Committee, The New School
- Fullbright Sub-committee, The New School
- Management Task Force, The New School
- Search Committee, Assistant/Associate Professor, Interaction Design
- Research, Scholarship, and Creative Practice Committee, School of Art, Media, and Technology
- Co-Chair, Parsons Faculty Council, Parsons Leadership Council
- Parsons Faculty Council, Elected Representative for School of Art, Media and Technology
- Leadership Council, School of Art, Media and Technology
- Graduate Admissions Committee, MFA Design and Technology, Chair, 2010-2012
- Search Committee, Associate/Full Professor, Games and Learning, Tenure-track, Spring
- Search Committee, Director of Career Service, Fall
- Workload Policy Task Force, Parsons Deans Office
- Research, Scholarship and Creative Faculty Development Fund Committee, Parsons Deans Office
- First Year Programs Committee, Parsons Deans Office
- ACE Senior Program Committee Member, peer reviewed and meta-reviewed paper submissions for International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology
- ACE Program Committee Member, peer reviewed paper submissions for International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology
- CHI Media Showcase Reviewer, peer reviewed demo submissions for International ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems
- ACE Paper Reviewer, peer reviewed research paper submissions for International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology
- New York City Media Lab Advisory Board, funded by Economic Development Corporation (EDC), the NYC Media Lab connects companies seeking to advance new media technologies with academic institutions undertaking relevant research, in order to drive collaborative innovation.
- Nokia Research Centers, Palo Alto and Beijing, direct funded research related to rich context modeling and new user interface research initiatives at Parsons Center for Mobile Creativity
- Motorola Applied Research Center, Schaumberg, Illinois, direct funded research related to Android mobile software design, augmented reality systems, near-field communications systems, rich context modeling and social media platforms at Center for Mobile Creativity
- Adobe Partner By Design Advisory Board and Education Leader, advisory for Adobe Design Achievement Awards, campus liaison to educational programs, peer programs, etc.
- Apple iPhone University Developers Program, administrate student and faculty development and distribution on the iPhone platform
- Waag Society, Amsterdam, Locative Media Atelier, 7scenes, manage relationship with creative director and head of locative media at new media center to equip faculty and students with a location-based game design platform for mobile devices
Business Insider Top 30 List, “The 30 Best People in Advertising to Follow On Twitter” by Julien Rath, February 16. See http://www.businessinsider.com/the-30-best-people-in-advertising-to-follow-on-twitter-2017-1/#9-david-carroll-22
- AP quotation, “Study: Ad-tech use shines light on fringe, fake news sites” by Barbara Ortutay, December 29. See apnews.com/5e0e7b1c9ae94c619c31b6fb024ec379
- Digiday quotation, “Why Top Publishers Are Still Stuck Distributing Fake News” by Lucia Moses, December 13. See http://digiday.com/media/top-publishers-still-stuck-distributing-fake-news/
- Washington Post quotation, “This Is How Faceboook fake news writers make money” by Abby Ohlheiser, November 18. See http://wapo.st/2g5wJC0
- USA TODAY quotation, “Status with Facebook 'interest-based' ads is complicated” by Rob Porgaro, June 5. See http://usat.ly/1sYVqog
- Independent UK quotation, “Facebook Adds New Options As People Complain That They've Been Signed Up By Default” by Andrew Griffin, June 3. See independent.co.uk
- The New York Times quotation, “Enabling of Ad Blocking in Apple’s iOS 9 Prompts Backlash” by Katie Benner and Sydney Ember, September 18. See nyti.ms/1OER8JW
- Mashable quotation, “Ad-blocking is so widely loathed that one company held a peace summit about it” by Patrick Kulp, November 6. See on.mash.to/1lzsyzT
BBC Magazine interview, video syndication, “The Power of Art: Where art meets science: Who will produce the next daVinci?” Fourth installment of series with Jane O’Brien, March 11. See bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21719784
Associated Press interview, video syndication, “First Person: Jobs Will Be a ‘Great of All Time’” 00:01:49 duration, October 5. Expert comment on the death of Apple Inc., CEO, Steve Jobs. See youtu.be/PscYUMMnFoU
- Associated Press interview, video syndication, “Is the iPhone Doing the Job of Big Brother” 00:02:17 duration, April 22. Expert comment on privacy concerns with personal data on smartphones. See youtu.be/veKcU5o4yw0
- Associated Press interview, video syndication, “Steve Jobs Absence Leaves Unanswered Questions” 00:02:07 duration, April 22. Expert comment on whether Apple can continue to thrive without Steve Jobs. See youtu.be/kWFCYr39aJo
- Dr. Dobb’s Journal, web interview, Dorsey, J., “Teaching Mobile App Design with Flash” Interview, November 16. See drdobbs.com/mobile/203101780
- Adobe Customer Showcase Success Story, A case study of mobile media curriculum established at Parsons The New School for Design, October 1.
- Mention, Bud Greenspan’s 10 Greatest Winter Olympians from Dinucci, D., Flash Interface Design: A Macromedia Showcase, Peachpit Press, February 7. See bit.ly/H1voX9
- Project Mention, The New York Times, “The Movie Business Seeks its Fortune on the Web” featuring the chatbot interface for official movie site for Steven Spielberg’s A.I. Artificial Intelligence designed as director of multimedia at thoughtbubble productions, inc. May 28. See nyti.ms/GOebSa
- Adobe Impact Award in recognition of outstanding contribution to the education community as Adobe Education Leader, April
Back to top