Old fashioned stuffing recipes
Recipe Posted 10-11-2016
Downright delicious, this squirrel stew recipe allows for a lot of creativity in the kitchen
- 1 squirrel, quarted pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or oil, for frying
- 3 bacon strips, fried and crumbled
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes with juice
In a Dutch oven, heat the butter on medium. Sprinkle salt and pepper on squirrel pieces, then roll in flour. Fry squirrel in butter until brown on all sides, then remove and allow to cool. With a fork, separate squirrel meat from the bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces as necessary.
Add all ingredients, except the tomatoes, into Dutch oven and simmer for 1 to 2 hours. Add the tomatoes and juice to the pot and simmer another hour.
For more delicious squirrel recipes, please visit www.MissHomemade.com.
Next From Recipe Crush Recipe: Venison Sausage Bread