Old fashioned homemade chocolate icing
Cinnamon Rolls Homemade Recipe – delicious, buttery, eggless sweet rolls full of flavour and a lovely texture. Soft and fluffy eggless cinnamon rolls make for a simply yummy Sunday morning treat!
This yeast rolls recipe is simply super-duper. Well worth all the effort put in for cinnamon roll lovers. The cinnamon yeast rolls are so delicious that they’ll be gone in a flash.
Old fashioned sweet rolls served commonly for breakfast in North America/Northern Europe are topped with icing/glaze. I made a fresh batch of cinnamon sweet rolls yesterday and my family just devoured them all. The cinnamon swirls were moist and filled with sweet goodness.
1. To make sweet cinnamon rolls, just add sugar, salt and soft butter to a bowl of warm milk and yeast.
2. Gradually add flour and beat thoroughly to form a soft dough. Leave to rise for 1 hour.
3. Roll out the dough and coat with a thin layer of butter.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon uniformly.
Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mix
5. Roll up the cinnamon-brown sugar sweet bread into a cylinder and cut into ¾ inch pieces. Place the sweet rolls in a greased baking tin and let rise for 30 minutes.
Unbaked cinnamon rolls
6. Bake No-egg Cinnamon Rolls in a pre-heated oven (190°C) for 25 minutes. Serve Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls warm with a drizzling of cottage cheese or plain icing.
Cinnamon Rolls Easy Recipe
1 hr 40 mins
2 hrs 5 mins
Freshly baked sweet and delicious homemade cinnamon-brown sugar rolls are pure bliss! Learn how to make eggless cinnamon rolls in a jiffy.
Calories: 278 kcal
- All-purpose Flour – 2 ½ cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Active Dry Yeast – 2 ¼ tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Brown Sugar – ½ cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Butter – about ¼ cup
To make homemade cinnamon rolls from scratch, in a mixing bowl, sprinkle yeast over a cup of warm milk and leave aside for 10 minutes.
Mix well and gradually add softened butter, sugar and salt. Blend well.
Add the flour and mix thoroughly for 5 minutes until the dough is just about firm.
Cover with a damp towel and keep in a warm place to let rise for one hour.
Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and powdered cinnamon in a bowl and keep aside.
Turn over the yeast-leavened dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into ¼ inch thick rectangle.
Spread butter evenly with a knife.
Sprinkle cinnamon-brown sugar mix uniformly over the entire rolled out dough.
Roll up the dough into a log and cut into ¾ inch pieces.
Arrange the cut cinnamon rolls in a greased pan, placing the cut side down.
Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise for about 30 minutes.
Bake at 190C for 25 minutes.
Remove and cool on a wire rack.
Serve Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls warm with your favourite icing.