Old fashioned coffee cake
Old Fashioned Coffee Cake
Recipe Yield: 15 servings
What You'll Need
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (5 full size graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cups Aunt Jemima® Original or Buttermilk Original Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
What You'll Do1 Preheat oven to 350° F. 2 Spray 9"x 13" baking pan with nonfat cooking spray. 3 For topping, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, nuts and cinnamon in small bowl. Add butter, stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside. 4 For coffee cake, combine pancake mix and sugar in large bowl; mix well. 5 In medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk, oil, egg and vanilla with wire whisk; add to dry ingredients. 6 Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be thick. 7 Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 8 Serve warm.
Cooking Tips & Variations
- Old Fashioned Blueberry Coffee Cake: Add 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries to cake batter. Stir just until blueberries are incorporated. Proceed as recipe directs.
- To use Aunt Jemima® Complete or Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix, decrease vegetable oil in coffee cake to 1 Tbsp. and proceed as recipe directs.
- Aunt Jemima® Original Pancake & Waffle mix was used for the nutritional analysis
- This recipe was contributed by a loyal consumer and tested by a professional home economist.
Calories: 270, Calories from Fat: 100, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 530mg, Total Carbohydrate: 39g, Sugars: 20g, Dietary Fiber: g, Protein: 4g, Vitamin A: , Calcium: , Vitamin C: , Iron: